How to make your start-up your retirement package ?

Hey everybody this is Cain Ndhlovu the Chief Executive Officer of Sunrise Start-up Solutions and creator of the three part free training series for you on Start-up Growth Mastermind. If you haven’t registered for this flagship and amazing training yet please click here in order to do so.

Welcome ! Welcome ! Welcome ! I hope I find you well !

I help start-ups, entrepreneurs, sales and marketing professionals, CEOs, founders etc to grow their businesses through outsourced online marketing services and to also upgrade their online marketing skills through training programs so that they become able to make significant achievements in their lives sooner rather than later.


Today I am very excited about presenting to you one of my bonus articles. Being a citizen of a country with record high unemployment starting your own business is a prerequisite for survival. 

But a business should grow beyond the survival phase. Your business should also take care of you when you retire. This is an important proposition considering that as a start-up owner you do not have a pension. So your business should be your pension, your retirement package.

Last week I was talking to one of my client running a construction company and he recently turned 60 years. So the issue of retirement was topical in our discussion. He wanted his company to take care of him during retirement amongst other things. So he was consulting me and I told him this was possible.

I told him it was possible that his company could operate and make profits on its own when he is not even present. I told him that the only way this can happen is by raising enough money to hire professionals to run the company.

The best way to raise money is charging a high price. Many start-ups boast about having many clients yet they struggle to break even. Why ? Those clients pay them peanuts. So they are spread thin. Its better to have few clients who however, pay you well that you are able to achieve your goals sooner.

So you need to raise your price. You may ask me, “ Well Cain you are telling me to raise the price but where will I find the customer ?” Good question. Well how a customer pays you depends with how you position yourself.

What do I mean ? If you present value first before charging a price when you finally charge the price even if it’s a high price customers will buy because they say its worth it. Guess what - value is just a matter of belief.

By value first I mean before charging your price tell the prospects about your long years of experience, tell them about the benefits they stand to gain, tell them about how you are thoroughly trained for the job, tell them about results you are helping other people get (testimonials), give them free educational information through social media, your website, blogs etc . This is positioning and it’s the first thing you do before closing.

But if a low price is the only benefit in your offer they will judge you on the basis of price not benefits. Trying to close a client without positioning is an up hill climb. In my free training Start-up Growth Master I give more detail about how exactly you can create positioning.

If you have not registered yet please click here. As we count down towards the free training I share a lot of bonus articles like this one through my social media pages. In order not to miss any of these articles please follow my social media pages below;


Facebook                               LinkedIn                                 Twitter

Comments

Disclaimer


This site is made available for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of issues herein covered, not to provide specific advice. Its content should not be used as a substitute for competent advice from licensed practitioners.